Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

My Green Morning Smoothie

Every morning I make green smoothies for the hubby and me. Here's how it goes. The first step is to buy a Blendtec blender. It's a bit of a price tag to swallow, and I was a bit hesitant myself, but I use it even more than I thought I possibly would. You want a smoothie, not a chunky. Plus it has a ton more uses. Go do a little research and you'll see for yourself. It is AMAZING!

Now, if you don't have a Blandtec, I don't want you to be scared off, because you probably don't have one and a chunky smoothie is still better than eating a doughnut for breakfast, so try this in your $30 blender and we'll hope for the best!

Step 2:
Add a bunch of greens to your blender with some water. Here I have some organic kale and about 1 1/4 cup of water.

Step 3:
Pulse/Blend till you have a bright green liquid

Step 4:
Add Fruit! I add a small apple, 2 handfuls of frozen fruit, some fresh strawberries, and my 2 ripest bananas. It looks something like this:
Bananas went in here too, I promise.

Step 5:
I press the amazing button on my blender marked "Smoothie". And blend baby blend!

Step 6:
Optional stuff:
I take my glass and add a couple drops of lemon oil. Lemon is supposed to be good for detoxification and stuff. I have this so I use it. (It was given to me BTW.) Add some citrus if you don't have the oil.
I then pour my smoothie in my cup and stir with a spoon. I would add the oil straight to the blender if I was making this just for me, but I have a husband whose taste-buds I have to get all that kale across. Sooooooo.......

Step 7:
I add a scoop of chocolate protein powder and pulse/blend a little more. (I don't dig the extra calories of the protein powder and being that I am 5'11" and not small, I don't have any issues building all the muscle I really want, and I get plenty of protein, and protein powder gets pricey, and this is what a run-on sentence looks like.) I figure if I don't use it, it'll go further for him (and I am perfectly happy with the taste sans the chocolate). So, here ya go! His and her smoothies!
We seriously have these every single morning. We haven't gotten sick of them yet. I personally get a little giddy when I get to make them. I'm sure I'll branch out and use different stuff in our smoothies, but this is our basic,"go to", smoothie for the moment. I often use spinach instead of kale (which is more mild and probably a better place to start).

Enjoy!! You'll be feeling great and have more energy in no time!

Now go to the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comentitos

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...