Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Perfect Cupcake Frosting and Filling



It's been a while. A long while. I actually have not been doing much cooking or baking lately. But, now it's the holidays, I am doing a little bit. I baked with a couple of my good friends to make some plates of goodies to give to friends. Then today I whipped up these cuties. I do not love making cupcakes. I do like transporting cupcakes. I do not like piping bags. I do, however, like to eat cupcakes. And I like the idea of portion control and a special piece of cake for each person. So, I usually buy cupcakes. But, I made these. I just used a box of white cake mix, and I searched the web for a frosting recipe. Pioneer Woman and 'Our Best Bites' both had this recipe and both raved about it. They were right. It's pretty amazing. I added a little coconut flavoring to mine. The whole thing was so light and fluffy. This is good stuff. Because the other web sites do such a good job of giving step by step instructions, I'll just send you over to them.

Links:

Our Best Bites

Pioneer Woman

There may be small variations between these two recipes. I used the one from Best Bites.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comentitos

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...