Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Whole Wheat Banana Waffles


I made these tonight and the whole family loved them, even the 3 extra kids we were babysitting gobbled these up. I kinda get tired of banana muffins being the only thing a make with my over-ripe bananas. This provided a great alternative. These were so light, fluffy and moist. The few alterations I made were that I used fresh bananas and I subbed coconut oil for the vegetable oil. They were sweet enough on their own to not add a topping, but most of my crew added syrup. I also used my immersion blender to blend everything up. I love that thing; I need to use it more often.

4 medium bananas, frozen
2 cups whole wheat flour 1/4 cup honey
3 tablespoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
3 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
1 Pop the bananas on defrost in the microwave, or leave them out for an hour to thaw.
2 Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
3 Smoosh in the bananas and mix in wet ingredients. (Feel free to heat the honey a little if it is thick.).
4 Depending on the size of your waffle iron, a 1/3 cup for your batter scoop will be fine. Scoop batter into waffle iron and bake as desired.
5 They freeze well, so feel free to slightly undercook some for freezing and toasting on-the-go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comentitos

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...