Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Caramelized Onion, Spinach, and Goat Cheese Pizza


This HAS to be one of the best things I have ever made. I got the recipe from HERE. The sweetness from the caramelized onions and the saltiness of the goat cheese is heaven. Caramelizing onions is a slow (but very worthwhile) process. I bought my pizza dough ready-made from the Publix bakery. They have a little pizza refrigerator where they keep freshly made pizza dough. I got 2, stuck 'em in the freezer, and set them on the counter to thaw while I was at church. When I got home they were perfectly thawed and ready to use. I had never bought their dough before, but I will again. It was SO good. Better than anything I would have made. This pizza was seriously a combination of some of my favorite things. Stan and I both gave it a solid 10!

Caramelized Onion, Spinach and Goat Cheese Pizza

1 large sweet yellow onion (about 1 pound), halved and thinly sliced
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
2 cups baby spinach
Your favorite pizza dough
½ cup shredded mozzarella
¼ cup shredded Parmesan
3 tablespoons soft goat cheese

Place your pizza stone in the oven and preheat the oven to 450 degrees. In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium heat. Add onions and cook over low heat until softened and caramelized. Add the vinegar and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the spinach and sauté until wilted.

Prepare your pizza crust on a piece of parchment paper. Brush dough with olive oil and top with the mozzarella, Parmesan, onions and spinach. Dot with the goat cheese. Transfer the pizza with the parchment paper to the oven and bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.

2 comments:

  1. I'm making your pizza tonight for Ryan and Cheyney--can't wait to taste it! I don't have a pizza stone but hopefully it will still work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pizza is the reason I am following your blog again.

    ReplyDelete

Comentitos

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...